One easy travel tip that can save you hundreds of dollars


Get a free quote

In order to save hundreds of dollars while travelling, get another credit card.  Credit card companies charge you a foreign transaction (FX) fee on every purchase you make while travelling, or for any transaction occurring outside of your home country.  These fees can cost you as much as an additional 4% for every purchase!

For dental travelers in particular, who may spend multiple thousands of dollars on their dental care and travelers expenses, 4% can add up to hundreds of dollars.  Visa/MasterCard charge 1% and your bank that issues your credit card can charge you an additional 1-3% on top of Visa/MasterCard’s FX fees.

For example, if you spend $10,000 while travelling, you will pay an additional $400 to your credit card company for the privilege of using your card.

Make sure that you have a credit card that doesn’t charge foreign exchange fees before you travel overseas.

Credit cards that do no charge foreign transaction fees

Sadly there are no credit cards which do not charge foreign exchange fees :(

United States

Rossarin Phinyowan

My passion is travel and researching my next destination. I am a medical/travel writer and currently write content for Dental and Medical Departures.
To get in touch with this author, or for more info regarding this article, please contact us at

Related Articles

Top 10 dental tourism destinations

Top 10 dental tourism destinations

Find out the top 10 global dental tourism destinations. Check out these top dental destinations and see how much you can ...
8 Reasons to Try Dental Tourism

8 Reasons to Try Dental Tourism

Discover Eight Good Reasons to Consider Visiting a Dentist Abroad
How can owning a passport can entitle you to affordable dental care?

How can owning a passport can entitle you to affordable dental care?

Learn how your passport help you with your next dental bill
This article is meant for information purposes only and is not intended to be dental advice or instructions for dental diagnosis or treatment. Please consult with your dentist or a qualified dental professional before starting or changing dental treatment